The Arizona Wildcats (5-3) challenge the No. 7 Texas A&M Aggies (7-0) at US Airways Center. The game can be seen on ESPN2 at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 5, 2017.
The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 147.5 points with Texas A&M opening as a 2-point favorite.
Texas A&M Aggies vs. Arizona Wildcats Free Prediction
In the Aggies’ last game, they dismantled the Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros, 78-60. The Aggies had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.327 (above their season average of 0.229) and held the Vaqueros to an effective field goal percentage of 0.350 (below their season average of 0.474). Texas A&M rallied around DJ Hogg, who finished with 17 points and 10 rebounds.
The Wildcats barely escaped the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels in their last game, 91-88. Arizona’s 16.2 turnover percentage was their largest strength over UNLV, who had a mark of 19.7. The Wildcats’ mark was worse than their season average of 15.8, while the Runnin’ Rebels’ was above their season average of 16.5. With 28 points and 10 rebounds, Deandre Ayton played well for Arizona.
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the nation’s slowest-paced teams clash. Arizona ranks 301st in possessions per game (67.1) and Texas A&M is 297th (67.3) since the 2016-17 season. Additionally, the Aggies, who rank 269th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.221), will go head-to-head against the Wildcats, who rank 55th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.208).
Texas A&M heads into the game with records of 7-0 straight up (SU) and 4-2 against the spread (ATS). Vegas is highly precise when predicting totals of Aggies games, with an even split between overs and unders.
Arizona has a respectable 5-3 SU record, but they have difficulty covering the spread (2-6 ATS). Wildcats games tend to finish over the total (62.5 percent).
The Wildcats won the sole game against the Aggies last season, 67-63. Arizona did a fantastic job of making free throws (20-24; 83.3 percent). Texas A&M, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.473 vs. 0.427).
Texas A&M Aggies vs. Arizona Wildcats Betting Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Texas A&M, ATS Winner – Texas A&M, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
Arizona ranks 23rd in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Texas A&M ranks 222nd (6.8).
The Wildcats rank 126th in three pointers allowed per game (20.6) while the Aggies rank 261st (23.2).
Texas A&M ranks 26th in assists per game (16.4) while Arizona ranks 145th in assists allowed per game (13.1).
The Aggies rank eighth in blocks per game (5.7) while the Wildcats rank 126th (3.5).
Texas A&M ranks 23rd in rebounds per game (39.6) while Arizona ranks 120th (36.8).
- Detroit Tigers at Cleveland Indians Matchup 06/22/18 - June 22, 2018
- Chicago Cubs at Cincinnati Reds Betting Preview 06/22/18 - June 22, 2018
- Seattle Mariners vs. Boston Red Sox Betting Preview 06/22/18 - June 22, 2018
- Oakland Athletics at Chicago White Sox Matchup 06/22/18 - June 22, 2018
- Baltimore Orioles at Atlanta Braves Matchup 06/22/18 - June 22, 2018
- Kansas City Royals vs. Houston Astros Free Preview 06/22/18 - June 22, 2018
- Miami Marlins at Colorado Rockies Free Preview 06/22/18 - June 22, 2018
- Toronto Blue Jays at Los Angeles Angels Matchup 06/22/18 - June 22, 2018
- St. Louis Cardinals vs. Milwaukee Brewers Matchup 06/22/18 - June 22, 2018
- Los Angeles Dodgers at New York Mets Free Pick 06/22/18 - June 22, 2018