The Pepperdine Waves (2-6) square off with the UC Riverside Highlanders (2-5) at Firestone Fieldhouse. The game begins at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 5, 2017.
Pepperdine is a 3-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 147 points.
UC Riverside Highlanders at Pepperdine Waves Free Prediction
In the Highlanders’ last contest, they were beaten by the Grand Canyon Antelopes, 68-56. Grand Canyon’s 9.2 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over UC Riverside, who had a rate of 29.1. The Antelopes’ mark was better than their season average of 20.6, while the Highlanders’ was above their season average of 19.4. Alex Larsson led UC Riverside in scoring with 12 points on 4-for-7 shooting.
The Waves fell to the Cal Poly Mustangs in their last game, 91-81. Cal Poly’s offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over Pepperdine. The Mustangs had a rate of 20.7 (below their season average of 29.1), while the Waves posted a mark of 16.7 (below their season average of 36.8). Pepperdine’s Kameron Edwards finished with 21 points and five rebounds in the game.
UC Riverside appears to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. Since last season, the Highlanders rank 92nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.484), while Pepperdine is 223rd in effective field goal percentage (0.499).
UC Riverside comes into the contest with records of 2-5 straight up (SU) and 2-3 against the spread (ATS). Highlanders games tend to finish under the O/U total (60.0 percent).
Meanwhile, Pepperdine owns records of 2-6 SU and 2-5 ATS. Contrary to UC Riverside, Waves games have typically gone over the total (71.4 percent).
UC Riverside Highlanders at Pepperdine Waves Free Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Pepperdine, ATS Winner – Pepperdine, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
UC Riverside ranks 126th in steals per game (6.6) while Pepperdine ranks 282nd (4.9).
The Waves rank 145th in assists per game (13.7) while the Highlanders rank 282nd (11.5).
Pepperdine ranks 192nd in rebounds allowed per game (35.5) while UC Riverside ranks 271st (37.7).
The Waves average 15.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 326th in the nation. The Highlanders rank 256th in three pointers allowed per game (23.1).
UC Riverside ranks 194th in blocks per game (2.9) while Pepperdine ranks 239th (2.5).
- Detroit Tigers vs. Minnesota Twins Betting Preview 05/21/18 - May 21, 2018
- Colorado Rockies at Los Angeles Dodgers Free Preview 05/21/18 - May 21, 2018
- Arizona Diamondbacks at Milwaukee Brewers Matchup 05/21/18 - May 21, 2018
- Baltimore Orioles vs. Chicago White Sox Free Preview 05/21/18 - May 21, 2018
- Boston Celtics at Cleveland Cavaliers Betting Preview 05/21/18 - May 21, 2018
- Miami Marlins at Atlanta Braves Free Preview 05/20/18 - May 20, 2018
- Texas Rangers vs. Chicago White Sox Free Preview 05/20/18 - May 20, 2018
- Chicago Cubs at Cincinnati Reds Betting Preview 05/20/18 - May 20, 2018
- Milwaukee Brewers vs. Minnesota Twins Free Pick 05/20/18 - May 20, 2018
- Arizona Diamondbacks at New York Mets Free Preview 05/20/18 - May 20, 2018