This week on the Get More Sports World Tour Soccer podcast, we bring you more news about the FIFA corruption scandal that has rocked the world of football pretty hard this week. The facts being presented in the case date back 20 years, which affects everything from youth leagues and developing countries who benefit from television rights, all the way to payments for bids to host the World Cups.
Next, as we move away from yet another scandal, Ej talks about the Women’s World Cup which kicks off June 6 in the nation of Canada. The Canadian team will host China in Group A to open the games, with the U.S team facing off against Australia in their opening Group D battle. We review the 24 team Group Stage draw for the event as well.
Ej then turns his attention to the NASL’s spring portion of the season, which only has three weekends remaining. The New York Cosmos hold a six-point edge and look to secure a bid to the semi-final playoffs, which will all culminate at the end of the fall portion of the season.
MLS has a full weekend on deck, and we will discuss the matches and offer a play or two on the show for the bettors out there.
We also discuss the Champions League, which has one last game on June 6, when Barcelona and Juventus face off for the trophy in Berlin, Germany.
Hopefully, the scandalous stories will work themselves out, and all of us who just love football can get the beautiful game back on track.
Tune in every week to the Get More Sports World Tour Soccer podcast with your host Ej Garr.
- Get More Sportscast – February 2 - February 2, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – February 1 - February 1, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – January 31 - January 31, 2018
- Get More Sportcast – January 30 - January 30, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – January 29 - January 29, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – January 26 - January 26, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – January 25 - January 25, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – January 24 - January 24, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – January 23 - January 23, 2018
- Get More Sportscast – January 22 - January 22, 2018