It will be a battle between SBC opponents when the Troy Trojans (13-14, 7-7 SBC) welcome the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (23-4, 13-1 SBC) to Trojan Arena. The game is scheduled to begin at 8:15 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 22, 2018.
Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns at Troy Trojans Free Prediction
In the Ragin’ Cajuns’ last matchup, they blew out the UT Arlington Mavericks, 100-79. The Ragin’ Cajuns had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.606 (above their season average of 0.545) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.4 (above their season average of 36.3). With 25 points on 8-for-15 shooting, Frank Bartley led Louisiana in scoring.
The Trojans lost to the Appalachian State Mountaineers in their last outing, 65-54. Appalachian State’s 0.491 effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Troy, who had a rate of 0.310. The Mountaineers’ mark was below their season average of 0.509, while the Trojans’ was below their season average of 0.528. With 30 points on 10-for-23 shooting, Jordon Varnado was the game’s leading scorer.
The high-powered offense of Louisiana will square off against the mid-tier defense of Troy. The Ragin’ Cajuns rank 15th in offensive efficiency, while the Trojans are 219th in defensive efficiency. The Ragin’ Cajuns should have the edge on that side of the ball.
Johnathan Stove has averaged 16.6 points over the last five games for Louisiana.
This is the second game of the season between these two teams. Jakeenan Gant scored a game-high 24 points in the first matchup, in which the Ragin’ Cajuns defeated the Trojans 81-69. He also had five rebounds. The Ragin’ Cajuns knocked down 26 of their 31 free throws (83.9 percent) and had a much better turnover percentage (16.9 vs. 25.7).
Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns vs. Troy Trojans Odds Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Troy, ATS Winner – Troy, O/U – Over
Louisiana ranks 24th in rebounds per game (39.3) while Troy ranks 235th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
The Ragin’ Cajuns rank 28th in steals per game (7.7) while the Trojans rank 192nd (5.3).
Louisiana ranks seventh in assists per game (18.0) while Troy ranks 170th (13.2).
The Ragin’ Cajuns rank 24th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while the Trojans rank 160th (22.3).
Troy ranks 21st in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Louisiana ranks 67th (3.0).
The Ragin’ Cajuns’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.8, down from 14.2 for the season.
During their last five games, the Trojans have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (1.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (4.8 below their season average).
- Dallas Stars at Winnipeg Jets Free Preview 3/18/18 - March 18, 2018
- Washington Capitals vs. Philadelphia Flyers Betting Preview 3/18/18 - March 18, 2018
- Calgary Flames vs. Vegas Golden Knights Betting Preview 3/18/18 - March 18, 2018
- Edmonton Oilers vs. Tampa Bay Lightning Free Prediction 3/18/18 - March 18, 2018
- Carolina Hurricanes vs. New York Islanders Betting Preview 3/18/18 - March 18, 2018
- Detroit Red Wings vs. Colorado Avalanche Free Pick 3/18/18 - March 18, 2018
- St. Louis Blues vs. Chicago Blackhawks Free Preview 3/18/18 - March 18, 2018
- New Jersey Devils vs. Anaheim Ducks Game Preview 3/18/18 - March 18, 2018
- Houston Rockets at Minnesota Timberwolves Betting Preview 03/18/18 - March 18, 2018
- Portland Trail Blazers at Los Angeles Clippers Free Preview 03/18/18 - March 18, 2018