It will be a battle between SBC opponents when the Troy Trojans (13-14, 7-7 SBC) welcome the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (23-4, 13-1 SBC) to Trojan Arena. The game is scheduled to begin at 8:15 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 22, 2018.
Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns at Troy Trojans Free Prediction
In the Ragin’ Cajuns’ last matchup, they blew out the UT Arlington Mavericks, 100-79. The Ragin’ Cajuns had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.606 (above their season average of 0.545) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.4 (above their season average of 36.3). With 25 points on 8-for-15 shooting, Frank Bartley led Louisiana in scoring.
The Trojans lost to the Appalachian State Mountaineers in their last outing, 65-54. Appalachian State’s 0.491 effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Troy, who had a rate of 0.310. The Mountaineers’ mark was below their season average of 0.509, while the Trojans’ was below their season average of 0.528. With 30 points on 10-for-23 shooting, Jordon Varnado was the game’s leading scorer.
The high-powered offense of Louisiana will square off against the mid-tier defense of Troy. The Ragin’ Cajuns rank 15th in offensive efficiency, while the Trojans are 219th in defensive efficiency. The Ragin’ Cajuns should have the edge on that side of the ball.
Johnathan Stove has averaged 16.6 points over the last five games for Louisiana.
This is the second game of the season between these two teams. Jakeenan Gant scored a game-high 24 points in the first matchup, in which the Ragin’ Cajuns defeated the Trojans 81-69. He also had five rebounds. The Ragin’ Cajuns knocked down 26 of their 31 free throws (83.9 percent) and had a much better turnover percentage (16.9 vs. 25.7).
Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns vs. Troy Trojans Odds Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Troy, ATS Winner – Troy, O/U – Over
Louisiana ranks 24th in rebounds per game (39.3) while Troy ranks 235th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
The Ragin’ Cajuns rank 28th in steals per game (7.7) while the Trojans rank 192nd (5.3).
Louisiana ranks seventh in assists per game (18.0) while Troy ranks 170th (13.2).
The Ragin’ Cajuns rank 24th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while the Trojans rank 160th (22.3).
Troy ranks 21st in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Louisiana ranks 67th (3.0).
The Ragin’ Cajuns’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.8, down from 14.2 for the season.
During their last five games, the Trojans have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (1.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (4.8 below their season average).
- Toronto Blue Jays vs. Los Angeles Angels Betting Preview 06/24/18 - June 24, 2018
- Texas Rangers at Minnesota Twins Matchup 06/24/18 - June 24, 2018
- Arizona Diamondbacks at Pittsburgh Pirates Matchup 06/24/18 - June 24, 2018
- San Diego Padres at San Francisco Giants Free Preview 06/24/18 - June 24, 2018
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Washington Nationals Free Pick 06/24/18 - June 24, 2018
- Los Angeles Dodgers at New York Mets Matchup 06/24/18 - June 24, 2018
- New York Yankees at Tampa Bay Rays Matchup 06/24/18 - June 24, 2018
- St. Louis Cardinals at Milwaukee Brewers Free Preview 06/24/18 - June 24, 2018
- Kansas City Royals vs. Houston Astros Free Preview 06/24/18 - June 24, 2018
- Detroit Tigers vs. Cleveland Indians Betting Preview 06/24/18 - June 24, 2018