The streaking Boston Red Sox are seeking their fifth straight victory when they play host to the New York Mets at Fenway Park. New England Sports Network will broadcast this interleague matchup. The game is slated to get going at 7:10 p.m. ET.
New York Mets at Boston Red Sox Odds
Oddsmakers have listed Boston (-145) as the favorite over New York (+135). The total sits at 8.5 runs and bettors can wager on the over for -120 and the under for +100. The game’s runline odds stand at -160 for betting the Mets +1.5 runs and +140 for the Red Sox -1.5.
The Red Sox are 101-46 straight up (SU) and 86-60 against the spread (ATS). They’ve gained 34.4 units for moneyline bettors and 24.6 units (ATS). The Mets are 68-78 SU and have gone 71-72 ATS. In total, the team’s lost 13.2 units for gamblers taking the moneyline and 7.9 units ATS.
Boston games have had an over/under record of 68-71-7 in 2018. The Mets have an over/under record of 65-70-8.
Noah Syndergaard is getting the start for the visiting Mets. The right-handed Syndergaard (11-3, 3.44 ERA) has recorded 132 punchouts in 128.1 innings so far. He has yet to face the Red Sox this year and did not record a start against them in 2017, either.
The Red Sox are turning to righty Hector Velazquez (7-2, 3.29 ERA), who has 48 strikeouts and 26 walks as well as a 1.50 WHIP. Velazquez did not record a start against the Mets in 2017.
Boston’s pitching staff has given up 3.8 runs per game overall in 2018 as a unit. Its starting pitching staff has a 3.71 ERA, 1.21 WHIP and 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings. The bullpen has a 3.47 ERA, 1.28 WHIP and 9.7 K/9.
The Boston hitters are putting up 5.4 runs per contest, including 4.6 per game over its last 10 games and 4.2 per game over their last five. The team has hit .272/.337/.432 over its last five games and is 4-1 SU during that span.
The Red Sox offense has been led by J.D. Martinez and Mookie Betts. Martinez is slashing .330/.400/.634 with 41 home runs, 122 RBIs and 106 runs scored, and Betts is hitting .340 with 29 homers, 71 RBIs, 117 runs and 28 stolen bases.
For the visitors, New York’s pitchers have allowed 4.5 runs per game and its starters own a 3.74 ERA, 1.21 WHIP and 9.14 K/9. The bullpen has an ERA of 4.94, along with a K-per-9 of 8.46.
Mets hitters have slashed .237/.315/.393 on their way to 4.3 runs scored per game this season, including 5.9 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 6.2 per game over the team’s last five contests (4-1 SU).
Shortstop Amed Rosario and outfielder Michael Conforto have paced New York’s hitters. The speedy Rosario is slashing .257/.298/.389 with eight home runs, 46 RBIs, 68 runs and 18 steals, while Conforto (.238/.342/.433) is up to 25 homers, 68 RBIs and 69 runs scored.
New York Mets vs. Boston Red Sox Free MLB Tip
Predictions: SU Winner – Red Sox, ATS Winner – Mets, O/U – OVER
New York has tallied 20 extra-base hits over its last five outings. Boston has 15 XBH over its last five.
The Mets have hit 17 home runs in their last 10 games, including 10 over their last five.
Boston has posted 21.8 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 contests and 21.8 over its last five.
The Mets have won five of their last six games SU.
- New Hampshire Wildcats at Hartford Hawks Free Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Southeastern Louisiana Lions at Houston Baptist Huskies ATS Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- UIW Cardinals at Lamar Cardinals Free Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- St. Bonaventure Bonnies vs. Massachusetts Minutemen Odds Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Lehigh Mountain Hawks at Navy Midshipmen ATS Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Abilene Christian Wildcats at Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks ATS Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Sam Houston State Bearkats at Northwestern State Demons ATS Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Holy Cross Crusaders at Army West Point Black Knights Betting Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- Nicholls Colonels at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders ATS Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019
- UMBC Retrievers at Vermont Catamounts Betting Preview 01/23/19 - January 23, 2019