It will be a battle between Big East opponents when the Xavier Musketeers (14-13, 6-8 Big East) welcome the No. 17 Villanova Wildcats (20-7, 11-3 Big East) to the Cintas Center. The game begins at 1:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 24, 2019.
Villanova Wildcats at Xavier Musketeers ATS Prediction
In the Wildcats’ last outing, they were beaten by the Georgetown Hoyas, 85-73. Georgetown’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Villanova. The Hoyas had a rate of 0.605 (above their season average of 0.519), while the Wildcats posted a mark of 0.454 (below their season average of 0.547). Phil Booth was the top scorer from either team with 26 points on 10-for-22 shooting.
The Musketeers edged the Seton Hall Pirates in their last matchup, 70-69. The Musketeers held the Pirates to an effective field goal percentage of 0.462 (below their season average of 0.514). The Pirates had a free throw rate of 0.138 (below their season average of 0.248). With 18 points and 15 rebounds, Tyrique Jones played well for Xavier.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the nation’s slowest-paced teams face off. Xavier ranks 268th in possessions per game (67.4) and Villanova is 320th (66.0). Moreover, the Wildcats’ 21st-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 114.7) will battle against the Musketeers’ 261st-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 106.0).
This will be the second game of the season between these two teams. In the first, the Musketeers lost 85-75. Jones put up 21 points and 12 rebounds. Villanova’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Xavier. The Wildcats had a rate of 0.625 while the Musketeers posted a mark of 0.484.
Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Xavier, ATS Winner – Xavier, O/U – Over
Villanova ranks 92nd in assists per game (14.3) while Xavier ranks 206th in assists allowed per game (14.7).
The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.2, down from 8.3 for the season.
During their last five games, the Musketeers have scored an average of 65.0 points per game (7.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (3.4 below their season average).
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019