Although an SEC team (Alabama) won the College Football Playoff last year, the conference itself has tumbled a little bit. Once viewed as the pinnacle of the college football, the SEC was all about Alabama, Auburn and Georgia last year, and then everyone else. That decline of the conference is best visible in the fact that a whopping six teams will have new head coaches next year. As we start to look forward to spring games and the new season, BetDSI Sportsbook has posted early betting lines on the regular season win totals for the SEC’s teams.
Of course, Alabama leads the way as they’re posted at 10.5 but Georgia – after a breakout season – shares the same number while Auburn is next in line with a win total of 9. Few people expect any type of drop-off from Alabama – if any – while Georgia and Auburn are wild cards. The general feeling is that Georgia ascent last year was very real and this team is here to stay. Kirby Smart has recruited well and coached well, so the Bulldogs are at least in position to push Alabama for years to come. As for Auburn, that’s a real question mark. Although the Tigers won the SEC West last year – beating out Alabama – some wonder if this team merely took advantage of an easy schedule.
One of the teams people will be keeping a close eye on this year is Tennessee, who endured one of the wackiest head coaching searches in the offseason before landing on Jeremy Pruitt. The program is in disarray and enters with a win total of 5.5. Arkansas, who is also entering the year with a new head coach, comes in with the same number. Chad Morris has a lot of work ahead of him after the Razorbacks managed to win just one SEC game last season.
The most exciting new coaching hire would have to be at Texas A&M where they lured Jimbo Fisher away from Florida State after firing Kevin Sumlin. Fisher has a career record of 83-23 with a national championship to his name, so this should be a huge step in the right direction for the Aggies. They were just 7-6 overall last year and face a win total of seven in 2018.
Here’s a closer look at the other regular season win totals for the SEC courtesy of BetDSI.
SEC Regular Season Win Totals
Under 10.5 (+100)
Under 10.5 (-115)
Under 9 (-120)
Under 8 (-115)
Under 7.5 (-110)
Under 7 (-110)
Under 7 (-115)
Under 7 (-120)
Under 6.5 (-125)
Under 6 (+100)
Under 6 (-110)
Under 5.5 (-120)
Under 5.5 (-120)
Under 5 (-130)
- One Last Look At Super Bowl Odds Heading Into The 2018 NFL Draft - April 25, 2018
- 8 Best Bets For The 2018 Zurich Classic Of New Orleans - April 25, 2018
- The Best Bets For The 2018 EPGA Volvo China Open - April 25, 2018
- The Best Bets For The 2018 LPGA Mediheal Championship - April 25, 2018
- Florida Gators 2018 Regular Season Win Total Revealed By Oddsmakers - April 24, 2018
- Betting Odds: AFC Regular Season Win Totals Open Up - April 24, 2018
- Betting Odds: NFC Regular Season Win Totals Revealed - April 24, 2018
- 2018 NFL Draft: Psychic Predicts Baker Mayfield To The Arizona Cardinals - April 22, 2018
- NBA Playoffs Betting Odds: Toronto Raptors vs. Washington Wizards Game 3 Recap - April 21, 2018
- NBA Playoffs Recap: Utah Jazz vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Game 2 Betting Odds - April 18, 2018