It will be a battle between MEAC opponents when the South Carolina State Bulldogs (6-21, 4-7 MEAC) welcome the Florida A&M Rattlers (11-16, 8-4 MEAC) to the Smith-Hammond-Middleton Center. The game is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 18, 2019.
Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Betting Prediction
|FLORIDA A&M||11-16||0.407||63.4||67.2||-3.7 Pts||6-3||5-13||13-10-0||56.5%||9-13-1|
|S CAROLINA ST||6-21||0.222||70.0||77.2||-7.2 Pts||4-5||2-16||11-12-0||47.8%||10-13-0|
The Rattlers will be hoping for similar success after beating the Savannah State Tigers in their last game, 78-74. Florida A&M’s 46.9 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over Savannah State, who had a mark of 34.3. The Rattlers’ mark was above their season average of 27.1. Florida A&M was lifted by Justin Ravenel, who was the game’s high scorer with 24 points on 8-for-16 shooting.
In the Bulldogs’ last outing, they were blown out by the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats, 98-73. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Bethune-Cookman’s biggest advantages. They had 36 free throw attempts, while South Carolina State had 23. With 20 points on 8-for-12 shooting, Damni Applewhite was South Carolina State’s leading scorer.
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of South Carolina State. South Carolina State ranks 295th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.8 percent), while the disruptive defense of Florida A&M forces the 44th-most turnovers in the country (22.0 percent).
After the Rattlers won the sole game against the Bulldogs last season, 76-74, these teams will go head-to-head for the first time this year. Florida A&M made good use of their 32 trips to the free throw line, making 26 of them (81.3 percent). South Carolina State, on the other hand, was just 18-26 (69.2 percent).
Florida A&M Rattlers vs. South Carolina State Bulldogs Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Florida A&M, ATS Winner – Florida A&M, O/U – Under
South Carolina State ranks 213th in rebounds per game (33.8) while Florida A&M ranks 261st (32.0).
The Rattlers rank 216th in assists per game (12.0) while the Bulldogs rank 252nd (11.0).
Florida A&M ranks 57th in steals per game (7.5) while South Carolina State ranks 68th in steals allowed per game (5.7).
The Bulldogs rank 285th in three pointers attempted per game (17.4) while the Rattlers rank 295th (16.2).
Florida A&M averages 3.4 blocks per game, which is ranked 107th in the nation. South Carolina State ranks 110th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
The Rattlers have outscored opponents by an average of 5.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Florida A&M has been defeated by an average of 3.7 points.
During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 74.4 points per game (4.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.2 points per game (2.0 above their season average).
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019