It will be a battle between MAAC opponents when the Niagara Purple Eagles (9-8, 2-2 MAAC) welcome the Monmouth Hawks (5-10, 1-2 MAAC) to Gallagher Center. The game is scheduled to get underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 12, 2018.
Neither team is favored and the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 159.5 points.
Monmouth Hawks vs. Niagara Purple Eagles Betting Prediction
The Hawks will be looking for a similar result after topping the Manhattan Jaspers in their last outing, 77-66. The Hawks had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.457 (above their season average of 0.293) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.609 (above their season average of 0.524). With 19 points on 6-for-7 shooting, Diago Quinn was Monmouth’s high scorer.
The last time the Purple Eagles played, they beat the Marist Red Foxes, 86-70. The Purple Eagles forced 15 turnovers, while the Red Foxes had a free throw rate of 0.246 (below their season average of 0.286). Matt Scott was the game’s leading scorer with 23 points on 7-for-22 shooting.
Niagara could put on a ball-control clinic in this showdown. Niagara ranks eighth in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.4 percent), while Monmouth forces the 70th-fewest turnovers (17.4 percent).
Marvin Prochet has averaged 16.8 points, 10.6 rebounds and 1.6 blocks over the last five games for Niagara.
After the Hawks won all three games against the Purple Eagles last season, this will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. In the last matchup, Monmouth won 84-59. Converting at the free throw line was one of Monmouth’s largest advantages. They were 20-23 (87.0 percent), while the Purple Eagles were just 8-14 (57.1 percent).
Monmouth Hawks vs. Niagara Purple Eagles Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Monmouth, ATS Winner – Monmouth, O/U – Under
Niagara ranks 80th in three pointers attempted per game (24.3) while Monmouth ranks 234th (18.5).
The Purple Eagles rank seventh in steals allowed per game (4.4) while the Hawks rank 158th (7.5).
Monmouth ranks 132nd in rebounds allowed per game (35.1) while Niagara ranks 259th (40.2).
The Hawks average 12.3 assists per game, which ranks 187th in the nation. The Purple Eagles rank 223rd in assists allowed per game (16.6).
Niagara averages 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 59th in the NCAA. Monmouth ranks 79th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
The Hawks have outscored opponents by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Monmouth has lost by an average of 2.9 points.
During their last five games, the Purple Eagles have scored an average of 85.6 points per game (1.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 85.8 points per game (1.0 below their season average).
- Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Atlanta Braves Matchup 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Toronto Blue Jays vs. Boston Red Sox Free Pick 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Texas Rangers vs. Baltimore Orioles Free Pick 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Kansas City Royals vs. Chicago White Sox Betting Preview 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Detroit Tigers vs. Houston Astros Free Pick 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- New York Yankees at Cleveland Indians Betting Preview 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Seattle Mariners vs. Colorado Rockies Matchup 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Miami Marlins Free Preview 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Los Angeles Angels at Los Angeles Dodgers Free Preview 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018
- Tampa Bay Rays at Minnesota Twins Free Pick 07/15/18 - July 15, 2018