The Cleveland Indians will head west to face their AL Central foe Chicago White Sox at Guaranteed Rate Field. SportsTime Ohio will televise the action and the game is scheduled to get underway at 2:10 p.m. ET.
Cleveland Indians at Chicago White Sox Odds
Oddsmakers have listed Chicago (+235) as the underdog to Cleveland (-270). Bettors can wager on the game’s total with odds listed at -115 for over 9 runs and -105 for under 9. The game’s current runline odds sit at -165 for taking the Indians -1.5 runs and +145 for the White Sox +1.5 runs.
The Indians have gone 64-50 SU this year and are 55-60 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 15.8 units for moneyline bettors and 11.3 units ATS. The White Sox, on the other hand, are 41-73 SU and 58-57 ATS. The team’s lost 17.2 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 5.6 units ATS.
White Sox games have an over/under record of 54-56-5 in 2018. Cleveland has an over/under record of 58-53-4.
Cleveland’s pitchers have allowed 4.1 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 3.41 ERA, 1.15 WHIP and 9.37 K/9. The bullpen has managed an ERA of 4.89, along with a K/9 of 8.62.
Indians hitters have slashed .258/.332/.443 on their way to 5.1 runs scored per game this year, including 5.4 runs per game against divisional foes and 5.2 per game over the team’s last five outings (4-1 SU).
Shortstop Francisco Lindor and third baseman Jose Ramirez have paced Cleveland’s offense. Lindor is slashing .298/.376/.572 with 29 home runs, 74 RBIs, 99 runs and 17 stolen bases, while Ramirez has a .296 average with 33 homers, 83 RBIs, 78 runs and 27 stolen bases.
In the other dugout, Chicago’s pitching staff has allowed 5.4 runs per game overall in 2018. The club’s starting pitching staff has an ERA of 5.16, a WHIP of 1.43 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 6.6. The bullpen has a 4.67 ERA, 1.49 WHIP and 9.6 K/9. In 44 games against divisional opponents, White Sox starters have an ERA of 4.65 and the bullpen’s ERA is 3.40.
The Chicago offense is putting up 4.1 runs per outing, including 4.1 per game against divisional foes and 3.2 per game over its last five. The team’s hit .191/.267/.341 over its last five contests and is 2-3 SU during that span.
First baseman Jose Abreu and third baseman Yolmer Sanchez have led the White Sox batters this year. Abreu is hitting .269/.330/.487 with 20 home runs, 67 RBIs and 62 runs scored, while Sanchez’s line sits at .242/.299/.379 with six homers, 43 RBIs, 39 runs and 10 stolen bases.
Cleveland Indians at Chicago White Sox MLB Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Indians, ATS Winner – Indians, O/U – OVER
The under has cashed in five of Chicago’s last seven games.
The Indians have won five of their last six games SU.
Cleveland has posted 20.1 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 outings and 20.4 over its last five.
Both teams have hit 13 home runs over their last 10 games.
- Toronto Blue Jays vs. Kansas City Royals Free Pick 08/16/18 - August 16, 2018
- Colorado Rockies vs. Atlanta Braves Betting Preview 08/16/18 - August 16, 2018
- Detroit Tigers vs. Minnesota Twins Free Pick 08/16/18 - August 16, 2018
- Tampa Bay Rays vs. New York Yankees Free Preview 08/16/18 - August 16, 2018
- New York Mets vs. Philadelphia Phillies Betting Preview 08/16/18 - August 16, 2018
- New York Mets at Philadelphia Phillies Betting Preview 08/16/18 - August 16, 2018
- Chicago Cubs vs. Pittsburgh Pirates Free Preview 08/16/18 - August 16, 2018
- Arizona Diamondbacks at San Diego Padres Betting Preview 08/16/18 - August 16, 2018
- Washington Nationals vs. St. Louis Cardinals Free Preview 08/16/18 - August 16, 2018
- Los Angeles Angels at Texas Rangers Matchup 08/16/18 - August 16, 2018