The No. 15 Purdue Boilermakers (17-6, 10-2 Big 10) visit No. 24 Maryland to play the Terrapins (18-6, 9-4 Big 10) in a game that will likely be low scoring. The game begins at 6:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
Purdue Boilermakers vs. Maryland Terrapins Betting Prediction
In the Boilermakers’ last matchup, they thoroughly outplayed the Nebraska Cornhuskers, 81-62. The Boilermakers made 19 of their 21 free throws (90.5 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.9 (above their season average of 34.6). With 27 points on 8-for-16 shooting, Carsen Edwards was the game’s high scorer.
The Terrapins defeated the Nebraska Cornhuskers in their last contest, 60-45. Maryland’s effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Nebraska. The Terrapins had a rate of 0.440 (below their season average of 0.535), while the Cornhuskers posted a mark of 0.246 (below their season average of 0.510). With 13 points and 19 rebounds, Maryland’s Bruno Fernando played well.
This will be the second game of the season between these two squads. In the first, Edwards scored a game-high 20 points and the Boilermakers beat the Terrapins 62-60. Purdue did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (13-16; 81.3 percent). Maryland, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (44.4 vs. 28.1).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Maryland currently ranks 318th in possessions per game (66.3) and Purdue is 307th (66.7). Moreover, the upper-echelon offense of the Boilermakers ranks 50th in effective field goal percentage (0.546), while the Terrapins are 30th-best in the nation at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.463).
Purdue at Maryland Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Maryland, ATS Winner – Maryland, O/U – Under
Purdue ranks 22nd in three pointers attempted per game (27.6) while Maryland ranks 233rd (20.2).
The Boilermakers rank 10th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while the Terrapins rank 176th (7.2).
Maryland ranks 20th in rebounds per game (40.0) while Purdue ranks 131st (36.0).
The Terrapins average 4.7 blocks per game, which ranks 23rd in the NCAA. The Boilermakers rank 107th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
The Boilermakers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.0, up from 10.3 for the season.
During their last five games, the Terrapins have scored an average of 62.6 points per game (11.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.6 points per game (2.3 below their season average).
- East Tennessee State Buccaneers at UNCG Spartans ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats vs. Xavier Musketeers ATS Preview 02/24/19 - February 26, 2019
- Florida A&M Rattlers at South Carolina State Bulldogs Game Preview 02/18/19 - February 19, 2019
- Georgia Bulldogs at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Davidson Wildcats at Fordham Rams Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- LSU Tigers at Kentucky Wildcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Free Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Missouri Tigers Betting Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019
- Purdue Boilermakers at Maryland Terrapins Odds Preview 02/12/19 - February 12, 2019