The Brooklyn Nets surprised the Philadelphia 76ers in the opening game of the series, Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson talked about the team’s fan base and how it has changed since he entered the NBA, while James Harden and Damian Lillard led their respective teams to victories in Game 1.
Russell speaks highly of his team
D’Angelo Russell led his Brooklyn Nets to a surprising win over the Philadelphia 76ers on the road and he thinks that the sky’s the limit for Brooklyn and that they will continue to play good basketball for the rest of the series.
"I think the sky's the limit for our group. We're just enjoying it."@ROSGO21 caught up with @DLoading ahead of Game 2 in Philly! Tune-in to Playoff Central Live for more sights and sounds from all things #NBAPlayoffs // LIVE on NBA TV! pic.twitter.com/2Z2kjUNdF6
— NBA TV (@NBATV) April 15, 2019
Thompson on Golden State’s fans
Klay Thompson describes how Golden State’s fan base has changed since he entered the NBA and how earlier we could see just a couple of diehard Warriors’ fans on the road and now it’s a different situation with the popularity of Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant.
"We used to have no fans on the road. Maybe one or two diehards."
Klay Thompson describes how Golden State's fan base has changed since he entered the NBA
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) April 15, 2019
Lillard dominates in Portland’s win
Damian Lillard displayed a great clutch performance in the Portland Trail Blazers’ 104-99 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder as he led his team to a win in the opening game of the playoff series. Lillard didn’t hesitate to take shots from pretty much anywhere and he ended the tilt with a game-high 30 points, four rebounds, four assists, and three thefts.
Lillard pulling up from ANYWHERE
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) April 14, 2019
Harden lifts Houston to a 1-0 lead in the series over Utah
James Harden was in his regular mood in Houston Rockets’ comfortable 122-90 win over Utah Jazz as he finished the game with a near triple-double display of 29 points, 10 assists, and eight rebounds.
— NBA (@NBA) April 15, 2019
Best assists of the season
The NBA playoffs are started but we saw plenty of excellent plays during the regular season and some of the best dimes were just mouthwatering, check them out here.
🔥 the BEST DIMES from the 2018-19 NBA Regular Season! 🔥
— NBA (@NBA) April 15, 2019
- Yankees Tie Homer Streak Record, Braves Reinstate Newcomb and More - June 25, 2019
- Antetokounmpo Wins MVP, Ujiri Plans to Stay in Toronto and More - June 25, 2019
- NBA Awards Recap: Giannis Wins MVP - June 25, 2019
- NBA Awards, Draft Reactions and More - June 24, 2019
- 2019 NBA Free-Agent Rankings - June 24, 2019
- Mets Apologize, Yankees set New Record and More - June 24, 2019
- Top 10 players of the 2018-19 NBA season, D’Angelo or Kyrie to the Lakers and More - June 23, 2019
- Space Jam 2 Workout Court Set, Stephen A. Smith Shows His Skills and More - June 23, 2019
- Mitchell Provides Motivation, Name the 90s and More - June 22, 2019
- Williamson and Barrett will Open Summer League, Oladipo to Miss the Start of Season - June 22, 2019