The Houston Astros are hosting the Boston Red Sox in Game 5 of the American League Championship Series. The visiting Red Sox currently have a commanding 3-1 lead in the series, and this matchup will be televised on TBS. The game gets underway 8:09 p.m. ET.
Boston Red Sox vs. Houston Astros Odds
David Price will get the start for Boston. The southpaw Price is 16-7 with a 3.58 ERA and 177 strikeouts. He’s 1-0 with 17 strikeouts and a 3.65 ERA against Houston this year (two starts).
The Astros are handing the ball to righty Justin Verlander (16-9, 2.52 ERA), who has 290 punchouts and 37 walks, as well as a WHIP of 0.90. Verlander is 0-0 with six strikeouts and a 3.00 ERA in one start against Boston this year.
With a team slash line of .257/.353/.399, the Red Sox have averaged 6.5 runs scored through eight postseason games. Houston is hitting .274/.388/.498 and the team has managed 5.9 runs during the 2018 playoffs.
The Astros bullpen has registered an ERA of 4.62 and a WHIP of 1.26 this postseason, while Red Sox relievers have a 3.67 ERA and 1.37 WHIP.
J.D. Martinez and Mookie Betts continue to lead Boston’s offense. Martinez is hitting .328/.401/.619 with 44 home runs, 138 RBIs and 114 runs scored, while Betts has a .339 average with 32 homers, 83 RBIs, 137 runs and 30 steals.
The Astros’ batters have been led by third baseman Alex Bregman and second baseman Jose Altuve. Bregman is slashing .288/.405/.539 with 33 home runs, 108 RBIs and 113 runs scored, and Altuve’s line is .314/.383/.450 with 14 homers, 65 RBIs, 92 runs and 17 stolen bases.
The Red Sox are coming off of an 8-6 win in Game 4.
Boston Red Sox vs. Houston Astros Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Astros, ATS Winner – Red Sox, O/U – OVER
Boston has recorded 15 extra-base hits over its last five games. Houston has 20 XBH over its last five.
The Red Sox have won five of their last six games SU.
Boston has posted 25.5 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 outings and 21.8 over its last five.
The Red Sox have hit 10 home runs in their last 10 games. The Astros have hit 18 over their last 10.
The Red Sox have a total OPS of .793 this season and an OPS of .997 when facing right-handed pitchers. The Astros’ OPS sits at .763 overall and .810 versus righties.
- New York Rangers at New York Islanders Free Prediction 11/15/18 - November 15, 2018
- New Jersey Devils vs. Philadelphia Flyers Game Preview 11/15/18 - November 15, 2018
- Detroit Red Wings vs. Ottawa Senators Free Prediction 11/15/18 - November 15, 2018
- Florida Panthers vs. Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Preview 11/15/18 - November 15, 2018
- Tampa Bay Lightning at Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Preview 11/15/18 - November 15, 2018
- Toronto Maple Leafs at San Jose Sharks Free Prediction 11/15/18 - November 15, 2018
- UC Irvine Anteaters at Santa Clara Broncos Betting Preview 11/15/18 - November 15, 2018
- Hartford Hawks at Quinnipiac Bobcats Betting Preview 11/15/18 - November 15, 2018
- Abilene Christian Wildcats vs. Denver Pioneers Free Preview 11/15/18 - November 15, 2018
- Pacific Tigers at Idaho State Bengals Odds Preview 11/15/18 - November 15, 2018