Professional MMA fighter & trainer Hollywood Joe Tussing brings you the Fight Review/Recap for the main card fight Carlos Condit vs Alex Oliviera on the UFC Fight Night 29 fight card on April 14, 2018.
The third fight on the UFC Fight Night 29 fight card, was “The Natural Born Killer” Carlos Condit taking on Alex “Cowboy” Oliviera , in a two round barn burner. “Cowboy” always comes out throwing leather and throwing hard, but in this fight he took a different approach and tried to grapple with Carlos Condit. Carlos Condit is always super dangerous on his feet and he is always dangerous off of his back.
In this fight the first round started off just crazy awkward as Carlos Condit came out and tried to throw his kick punch combo, but Oliviera caught the kick and pushed it back and they rolled to the ground with Oliviera finding himself on top. Then it swept to Carlos Condit on top and they basically went back and forth, but with not too much damage by either fighter in the first round.
In the second round we saw more back and forth grappling and Oliviera was able to catch Condit with just a devastating elbow behind his ear, while Condit was going for a takedown against the side of the cage. Condit kept going for the takedown and actually ended up getting Oliviera down, but just starting bleeding all over him. He did drop a devastating elbow onto Oliviera’s face which I think broke his nose and possibly his orbital and Oliviera’s face looked just horrible after the fight. As Oliviera tried to get back to his feet he pushed Carlos Condit up and Condit tried to come back in, but Oliviera threw three upkicks with the third catching Condit straight across the jaw, and Condit fell into an awkward position. The two fighters rolled and Condit tried to get back to his feet, but Oliviera was a little faster and caught him with the front choke, a very deep guillotine and he pushed him over against the cage, where they went to the ground. It looked like Carlos Condit was going to be able to survive as he had his arm in, but Oliviera torked it even farther, and got his hand deeper and Carlos Condit was forced to tap.
This was just an outstanding fight from Alex Oliviera. I did not expect him to take that approach. I thought he would try to bang it out but it looked like the grappling was the right way to go. Oliviera got the second round guillotine front choke submission and Carlos Condit after a long layoff comes back with not a disappointing performance, but with a very awkward weird fight between these two. There was a lot of scrambling and we also didn’t get to see much of what Carlos Condit has been working on since he’s been gone. This was though, a great fight between both guys.
Additional Fight Reviews/Recaps from UFC Fight Night 29
Dustin Poirier & Justin Gaethje
Israel Adesanya vs Marvin Vettori
Michelle Waterson vs Cortney Casey
- American Idol – 2018 Season | Understanding the Competition & Contestants Betting Odds To Win - April 21, 2018
- The Voice 2018 Season – Understanding the Competition & Contestants Betting Odds To Win - April 20, 2018
- Survivor Ghost Island – Episode 9 Recap, Every Man for Himself | Episode 10 Elimination | Betting Odds - April 20, 2018
- NASCAR Monster Energy | 2018 Toyota Owners 400 | Race Preview | Picks | Race Highlights - April 19, 2018
- Michelle Waterson vs Cortney Casey | UFC Fight Night 29 Fight Review/Recap by Pro MMA Fighter Hollywood Joe Tussing - April 16, 2018
- Carlos Condit vs Alex Oliviera | UFC Fight Night 29 Fight Review/Recap by MMA Fighter Hollywood Joe Tussing - April 15, 2018
- Israel Adesanya vs Marvin Vettori | UFC Fight Night 29 Fight Review/Recap by Pro MMA Fighter Hollywood Joe Tussing - April 15, 2018
- Dustin Poirier vs Justin Gaethje | UFC Fight Night 29 Review/Recap by Professional MMA Fighter Hollywood Joe Tussing - April 15, 2018
- Survivor Ghost Island – Episode 8 Recap, Who will be eliminated in Episode 9 – Betting Odds - April 14, 2018
- Nascar Monster Energy Cup Series – 2018 Food City 500 Race Preview - April 12, 2018