Chicago White Sox vs. Pittsburgh Pirates Odds
The Pirates are 24-17 SU and 21-19 ATS. They’ve gained 4.6 units for moneyline bettors and 3.0 units against the spread (ATS). Pittsburgh has a 3-4 ATS mark over its last seven games and the over has hit in four of those seven. The White Sox are 10-28 SU and have gone 18-19 ATS. Overall, the team’s lost 14.7 units for gamblers taking the moneyline in the season’s early going and 4.7 units ATS. Chicago has covered the spread only twice over its last seven games and the over has hit in five of those seven.
Pirates games have had an over/under record of 21-14-5 so far in 2018. Chicago has an over/under record of 19-16-2.
The left-handed Hector Santiago is the probable starter for the visiting White Sox. Santiago is 0-1 with a 5.60 ERA and 25 strikeouts. He’s 0-0 with a 0.00 ERA against Pittsburgh this year.
The Pirates are handing the ball to righty Jameson Taillon (2-3, 4.08 ERA), who’s got 35 strikeouts and 12 walks, as well as a 1.24 WHIP. Taillon has yet to face the White Sox this year and did not record a start against them in 2017.
Chicago’s pitching staff allowed 5.8 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 6.00 ERA, 1.55 WHIP and 5.77 K/9. The bullpen has managed an ERA of 4.59, along with a WHIP of 1.55 and a K-per-9 of 9.25.
The White Sox offense has slashed .242/.309/.409 on its way to 3.9 runs scored per game this season, including 3.9 runs per game over the team’s last 10 games and 3.2 per game over the team’s last five contests (1-4 SU).
Chicago’s offensive production been led by Matt Davidson and Jose Abreu, who collectively have blasted 18 home runs. Davidson is hitting .259/.380/.586 with 11 home runs, 24 RBIs and 18 runs scored, while Abreu is hitting .290 with seven homers, 21 RBIs and 19 runs scored.
For the home team, Pittsburgh’s pitchers have yielded 4.3 runs per game overall this year. The club’s starters have an ERA of 4.09, a WHIP of 1.24 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 7.2. The bullpen has a 4.06 ERA, 1.41 WHIP and 10.1 K/9.
The Pittsburgh hitters have put up 5.1 runs per outing, including 5.9 per game over its last 10 games and 6.0 per game over their last five. The team has hit .283/.364/.572 over its last five matchups and is 4-1 SU during that stretch.
Catcher Francisco Cervelli and right fielder Starling Marte have led the Pirates’ offense this year. Cervelli is slashing .302/.415/.566 with six home runs, 24 RBIs and 15 runs scored, and Marte’s line is .308/.366/.503 with six homers, 19 RBIs, 30 runs and 10 steals.
Compared to his total season slash line of .249/.342/.370, Cervelli did not do very well against lefties at home in 2017, slashing .222/.323/.259 over 31 such plate appearances.
The White Sox have lost 9.8 units and are 14-14 ATS when facing a righty starter this season. The over has hit in 13 of those games, compared to 13 that’ve gone under against left-handed starting pitchers.
Chicago White Sox at Pittsburgh Pirates Free MLB Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Pirates, ATS Winner – White Sox, O/U – OVER
The Pirates have won six of their last seven games SU.
Chicago has recorded 19.9 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 outings and 18.0 over its last five.
The White Sox have hit 12 home runs in their last 10 games. The Pirates have hit 17 over their last 10.
- New Mexico Lobos at UNLV Runnin’ Rebels ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Ole Miss Rebels vs. Alabama Crimson Tide Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Villanova Wildcats at Butler Bulldogs Free Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Clemson Tigers at Florida State Seminoles Free Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Texas A&M Aggies at Florida Gators Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019
- Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Kansas State Wildcats Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019
- Mississippi State Bulldogs at Kentucky Wildcats Odds Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019
- Buffalo Bulls at Northern Illinois Huskies ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019
- Indiana Hoosiers at Northwestern Wildcats Free Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019
- Duke Blue Devils at Pittsburgh Panthers Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 21, 2019