The Minnesota Twins will pay a visit to Detroit to square off against their AL Central nemesis Tigers at Comerica Park. Fox Sports North will showcase the action. The game gets underway at 1:10 p.m. ET.
Minnesota Twins vs. Detroit Tigers Odds
Vegas is listing Minnesota (+105) as the underdog to Detroit (-115). The total is sitting at 9.5 runs and bettors can take the over for -120 and the under for an even +100. Bettors can also wager on the game’s runline with the odds sitting at Twins +1.5 runs (-200) and Tigers -1.5 runs (+170).
The Twins have gone 53-61 SU this year and are 63-52 against the spread (ATS). They’ve lost 9.9 units for moneyline gamblers, despite having gained 8.0 units ATS. The Tigers, on the other hand, are 47-68 SU and 59-57 ATS. They’ve lost 3.6 units for bettors taking the moneyline and 7.7 units ATS.
Detroit games have an over/under record of 45-66-5 in 2018. Minnesota has an over/under record of 55-57-3.
Minnesota’s pitching staff allowed 4.7 runs per game and its starters own a 4.32 ERA, 1.35 WHIP and 8.41 K/9. The bullpen has managed an ERA of 4.69, along with a WHIP of 1.35 and a K/9 of 9.47.
The Twins offense has slashed .245/.316/.400 on its way to 4.4 runs scored per game this season, including 4.3 runs per game against divisional foes and 3.0 per game over the team’s last five outings (2-3 SU).
Minnesota’s offensive production has been powered by left fielder Eddie Rosario and shortstop Eduardo Escobar, who collectively have blasted 35 home runs. Rosario is slashing .298/.339/.499 with 20 home runs, 66 RBIs and 73 runs scored, while Escobar is hitting .274 with 15 homers, 63 RBIs and 45 runs scored.
In the home-team dugout, Detroit’s pitching staff has allowed 4.6 runs per game overall in 2018. Its starters have an ERA of 4.39, a WHIP of 1.29 and a strikeouts-per-nine of 7.3. The bullpen has a 4.47 ERA, 1.40 WHIP and 7.9 K/9. In 44 divisional games, Tigers starters have an ERA of 4.11 and the bullpen’s ERA is 4.45.
Detroit’s offense has produced 3.8 runs per contest, including 3.5 per game against divisional foes and 1.6 per game over its last five. The team has slashed .186/.240/.263 over its last five contests and is 0-5 SU during that stretch.
Right fielder Nicholas Castellanos and shortstop Jose Iglesias have led the way for the Tigers’ batters this year. Castellanos is hitting .286/.337/.482 with 16 home runs, 59 RBIs and 60 runs scored, and Iglesias has produced a line of .266/.305/.388 with four homers, 45 RBIs, 36 runs and 14 stolen bases.
Minnesota Twins at Detroit Tigers Free Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Tigers, ATS Winner – Twins, O/U – UNDER
The over has cashed in just one of Detroit’s last seven games.
The Twins have dropped three of their last four games SU.
The Minnesota defense has allowed nine errors over the last 10 games, compared to three errors for Detroit over its last 10.
The Twins have hit eight home runs in their last 10 games. The Tigers have hit five over their last 10.
- Detroit Red Wings at Montreal Canadiens Betting Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Milwaukee Brewers vs. Los Angeles Dodgers Free Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Los Angeles Kings vs. Toronto Maple Leafs Free Prediction 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Dallas Stars vs. Ottawa Senators Matchup Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Minnesota Wild vs. Nashville Predators Game Preview 10/15/18 - October 15, 2018
- Anaheim Ducks vs. St. Louis Blues Free Prediction 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- San Jose Sharks vs. New Jersey Devils Game Preview 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Carolina Hurricanes vs. Winnipeg Jets Free Preview 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Houston Astros vs. Boston Red Sox Matchup 10/14/18 - October 14, 2018
- Week 6 Free Betting Preview – Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots - October 13, 2018