The No. 11 Syracuse Orange (22-13) face off against the No. 3 Michigan State Spartans (30-4) in the Second Round of the NCAA Tournament at Little Caesars Arena. The game is scheduled to begin at 2:40 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 18, 2018.
Syracuse Orange vs. Michigan State Spartans ATS Prediction
In the First Round, the Orange topped the No. 6 TCU Horned Frogs, 57-52. Syracuse’s turnover percentage was their largest advantage over TCU. The Orange had a rate of 9.9 (better than their season average of 16.4), while the Horned Frogs posted a mark of 19.0 (above their season average of 15.5). Oshae Brissett was a key piece for Syracuse with 15 points and nine rebounds.
The Spartans were victorious over the No. 14 Bucknell Bison in the First Round, 82-78. Michigan State’s offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over Bucknell. The Spartans had a rate of 34.4 (below their season average of 36.1), while the Bison posted a mark of 19.4 (below their season average of 27.3). Miles Bridges was the game’s high scorer with 29 points on 12-for-22 shooting.
This showdown pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses as Michigan State ranks fifth in offensive efficiency and Syracuse is 40th in defensive efficiency.
Syracuse Orange vs. Michigan State Spartans ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Syracuse, ATS Winner – Syracuse, O/U – Over
Michigan State ranks first in assists per game (19.4) while Syracuse ranks 284th in assists allowed per game (16.2).
The Orange rank 57th in steals per game (7.1) while the Spartans rank 269th (4.1).
Michigan State averages 7.3 blocks per game, which ranks first in the nation. Syracuse ranks 108th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
The Spartans rank 149th in three-pointers allowed per game (21.8) while the Orange rank 254th (24.2).
Michigan State ranks eighth in rebounds per game (40.8) while Syracuse ranks 77th (37.4).
The Orange’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 3.1 for the season.
During their last five games, the Spartans have scored an average of 71.6 points per game (9.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.4 points per game (2.2 above their season average).
- Buffalo Sabres vs. Anaheim Ducks Matchup Preview 10/21/18 - October 21, 2018
- Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Chicago Blackhawks Free Pick 10/21/18 - October 21, 2018
- Calgary Flames vs. New York Rangers Free Preview 10/21/18 - October 21, 2018
- Cincinnati Bengals at Kansas City Chiefs: Week 7 Free Pick - October 21, 2018
- Week 7 Free Betting Preview – New England Patriots vs. Chicago Bears - October 21, 2018
- Sacramento Kings at Oklahoma City Thunder Free Preview 10/21/18 - October 21, 2018
- Houston Rockets vs. Los Angeles Clippers Betting Preview 10/21/18 - October 21, 2018
- Atlanta Hawks at Cleveland Cavaliers Free Preview 10/21/18 - October 21, 2018
- Golden State Warriors at Denver Nuggets ATS Preview 10/21/18 - October 21, 2018
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. Columbus Blue Jackets Matchup 10/20/18 - October 20, 2018