The No. 2 North Carolina Tar Heels (26-10) clash against the No. 7 Texas A&M Aggies (21-12) in the Second Round of the NCAA Tournament at Spectrum Center. The game is scheduled to get underway at 5:15 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 18, 2018.
Texas A&M Aggies vs. North Carolina Tar Heels Betting Prediction
In the First Round, the Aggies beat the No. 10 Providence Friars, 73-69. The Aggies held the Friars to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.2 (below their season average of 29.4) and had a free throw rate of 0.288 (above their season average of 0.214). Tyler Davis played well for Texas A&M, recording 14 points and 15 rebounds.
The Tar Heels had no trouble getting past the No. 15 Lipscomb Bisons in the First Round, 84-66. The Tar Heels held the Bisons to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.0 (below their season average of 28.7) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.592 (above their season average of 0.523). With 15 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists, Theo Pinson played well for North Carolina.
North Carolina could have trouble getting to the foul line in this matchup. The Tar Heels currently rank 276th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.212, while Texas A&M ranks 45th in FTA rate allowed (0.196). Moreover, the Aggies rank 25th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.4 percent), while the Tar Heels rank 57th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.4 percent).
Texas A&M Aggies vs. North Carolina Tar Heels Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Texas A&M, ATS Winner – Texas A&M, O/U – Over
Texas A&M ranks fifth in blocks per game (6.0) while North Carolina ranks 223rd in blocks allowed per game (4.7).
The Tar Heels rank fourth in assists per game (18.3) while the Aggies rank 219th in assists allowed per game (14.4).
North Carolina averages 42.6 rebounds per game, which ranks first in the NCAA. Texas A&M ranks 173rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.1).
The Tar Heels rank 125th in three-pointers attempted per game (22.7) while the Aggies rank 226th (20.0).
The Aggies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 5.2 for the season.
During their last five games, the Tar Heels have scored an average of 76.2 points per game (5.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.0 points per game (6.9 below their season average).
- Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals Betting Preview 4/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- San Jose Sharks vs. Vegas Golden Knights Matchup Preview 4/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Philadelphia Phillies Betting Preview 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- New York Mets vs. St. Louis Cardinals Free Pick 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- Boston Red Sox vs. Toronto Blue Jays Free Pick 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- Detroit Tigers at Pittsburgh Pirates Betting Preview 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- Minnesota Twins vs. New York Yankees Betting Preview 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- Chicago White Sox vs. Kansas City Royals Betting Preview 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- Seattle Mariners vs. Cleveland Indians Free Pick 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018
- Atlanta Braves vs. Cincinnati Reds Free Preview 04/26/18 - April 26, 2018