The Boston Red Sox will be taking on the Los Angeles Dodgers in Game 3 of the World Series. The visiting Red Sox currently hold a sturdy 2-0 lead in the series, and this matchup will be nationally televised on Fox. The opening pitch is scheduled for 8:09 p.m. ET.
Boston Red Sox vs. Los Angeles Dodgers Odds
Vegas has listed Boston (+145) as the underdog to Los Angeles (-155). The total stands at 7.5 runs and bettors can wager on the over for +105 or the under for -125. Bettors can also wager on the game’s spread with the most recent runline odds sitting at Red Sox +1.5 runs (-150) and Dodgers -1.5 runs (+130).
Factoring in the regular season, the Red Sox have gone 117-56 SU this year and are 102-71 against the spread (ATS). They’ve gained 40.7 units for moneyline gamblers and 28.9 units ATS. Boston has covered the spread six times in its last seven games and the total has gone over in five of those seven. The Dodgers, on the other hand, are 99-77 SU and 80-96 ATS. The team has lost 22.6 units for moneyline bettors and 17.8 units ATS. Los Angeles has covered the spread only twice over its last seven games and the under has cashed in four of those seven.
Dodgers games have an over/under record of 81-84-11 in 2018. Boston has an over/under record of 84-81-8.
Right-hander Rick Porcello is the probable starter for the visiting Red Sox. Porcello (17-7, 4.28 ERA) has recorded 190 punchouts in 191.1 innings so far. He has yet to face the Dodgers this year and did not record a start against them in 2017, either.
The Dodgers are putting the ball in the hands of righty Walker Buehler (8-5, 2.62 ERA), who has 151 punchouts and 37 walks to his name, as well as a WHIP of 0.96. Buehler did not record a start against the Red Sox in 2017.
Behind a team slash line of .261/.347/.404, Boston has averaged 6.2 runs scored through 11 postseason games. The Dodgers are hitting .212/.313/.345 over 13 games and the team has put up 3.8 runs in this year’s playoffs.
The Dodgers bullpen (8.5 K/9) has registered an ERA of 1.65 and a WHIP of 1.00 this postseason, while Red Sox relievers (11.2 K/9) have performed significantly worse with a 3.18 ERA and 1.21 WHIP.
Boston’s offense has been powered by J.D. Martinez and Mookie Betts, who’ve collectively belted 77 home runs. Martinez is slashing .331/.404/.623 with 45 home runs, 143 RBIs and 116 runs scored, while Betts (.339/.430/.616) is up to 32 homers, 83 RBIs, 140 runs and 31 stolen bases.
First baseman Cody Bellinger and right fielder Chris Taylor have paced the Dodgers’ offense this year. Bellinger is slashing .252/.336/.455 with 26 home runs, 80 RBIs, 88 runs and 18 stolen bases, while Taylor’s line sits at .256/.336/.447 with 18 homers, 66 RBIs and 91 runs.
The Red Sox are looking for another victory following a 4-2 win in the prior game of this series.
Boston Red Sox vs. Los Angeles Dodgers MLB Pick
Predictions: SU Winner – Dodgers, ATS Winner – Red Sox, O/U – OVER
Boston has recorded 17 extra-base hits over its last five contests. Los Angeles has nine XBH over its last five.
The Red Sox have a team OPS of .792 this season and an OPS of .888 when facing right-handed pitchers. The Dodgers’ OPS stands at .768 overall and .606 against righties.
The Red Sox have won eight of their last nine games SU while the Dodgers have lost three of their last four.
Boston has posted 24.3 Runs + Hits + Errors per game over its last 10 outings and 25.2 over its last five.
The Red Sox have hit nine home runs in their last 10 games, including six over their last five.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- San Diego State Aztecs vs. Fresno State Bulldogs Free Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Bowling Green Falcons at Eastern Michigan Eagles ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Miami (OH) RedHawks vs. Ball State Cardinals Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Akron Zips Odds Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Boise State Broncos vs. Air Force Falcons ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Wichita State Shockers vs. South Florida Bulls Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Western Michigan Broncos vs. Ohio Bobcats ATS Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Saint Peter’s Peacocks vs. Niagara Purple Eagles Odds Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019
- Minnesota Golden Gophers at Michigan Wolverines Betting Preview 01/22/19 - January 22, 2019