The main event on the UFC Fight Night 134 card is Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (+200) vs. Anthony Smith (-240)
There are 13 fights on the UFC Fight Night 134 card in Hamburg, Germany, as the overseas fan base will be treated to matchups between Rua and Smith, and other notable names including Glover Teixeira, Corey Anderson, Vitor Miranda, Marcin Tybura, and Stefan Struve. This card is packing some substantial international punch at Barclaycard Arena on Sunday, July 22.
Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (+200) vs. Anthony Smith (-240)
Mauricio “Shogun” Rua
It’s been a while since we’ve seen Mauricio Rua in the Octagon, but he’s won three straight fights to get back on track after losses in 2014 to Dan Henderson and Ovince Saint Preux. Shogun hasn’t fought since March 11, 2017, however, and has only fought once a year each of the last three years. Given the timing of this matchup, it looks like he will only fight once this year as well. Shogun finds himself a $2 underdog to Anthony Smith in this light heavyweight main event. He did just score his first knockout win in four years in his last fight by besting Gian Villante, but the oddsmakers and the betting market remain unimpressed.
Anthony Smith took out some frustration against Rashad Evans in his last fight. After losing to Thiago Santos in February, he beat Evans in just 53 seconds at UFC 225. That easy win allowed Smith to come back quickly for this fight against Shogun, in which he is a big favorite. Smith has an unimpressive 26-13 career record, but a lot of his losses came earlier in his career. He only has two losses since 2014 and has won titles in both CFFC and VFC in that span.
Picks & Predictions
The chalk should hold up here in this one. We’ll see what happens with Smith if this fight goes long, but he scored two third-round knockouts last year, so he’s plenty capable of going deep into the gas tank if need be. Smith hasn’t won a fight by decision since February 21, 2016, and this could be one of those fights, but Shogun had a weak chin back in 2014 and it’s been four years, so we’ll have to see how long he can stay upright.
Pick: Anthony Smith
Click over now to BetDSI.eu to check out all the MMA, UFC, and Boxing odds on the board along with a slew of fun novelty prop bets on your favorite fighters that you won’t find anywhere else. Also take advantage of getting double your money if you open an account today, with a 100% deposit bonus. Join the action with a few fun wagers, because it’s only a game, until you bet it!
- UFC Title Fight Preview: Daniel Cormier vs Brock Lesnar - August 16, 2018
- UFC 228 Fight Preview: Nicco Montano vs Valentina Shevchenko - August 14, 2018
- UFC 228 Preview & Picks : Tyron Woodley vs Darren Till - August 13, 2018
- Golf Undigested Podcast with Clark Burroughs predicts the 2018 PGA RBC Canadian Open Championship - July 25, 2018
- UFC Fight Night 134 Main Fight Preview : Shogun vs. Smith - July 19, 2018
- British Open Championship preview with former PGA Tour player Clark Burroughs - July 17, 2018
- 2018 NBA Draft Prop Bets - June 20, 2018
- The Golf Undigested Podcast with Clark Burroughs talks US Open Picks, Odds, and Predictions - June 13, 2018
- UFC 225 Fight Preview | Rafael Dos Anjos vs Colby Covington - June 8, 2018
- 2018 Indianapolis 500 Race Preview | Betting Odds | Highlights | Picks & Predictions - May 25, 2018