It will be a battle between Pac-12 opponents when the Colorado Buffaloes (15-12, 7-8 Pac-12) welcome the USC Trojans (19-9, 10-5 Pac-12) to Coors Events Center. The game is scheduled to begin at 10:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 21, 2018.
The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 142 points with USC set as a 3-point favorite.
USC Trojans vs. Colorado Buffaloes Free Prediction
The Trojans come in on a high note after defeating the Oregon State Beavers in their last game, 72-59. The Trojans knocked down 17 of their 21 free throws (81.0 percent) and had a better turnover percentage (13.2 vs. 17.4). Jordan McLaughlin had a good outing for USC, contributing 13 points and 11 assists.
In the Buffaloes’ last matchup, they lost big to the Washington Huskies, 82-59. Washington’s turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Colorado. The Huskies had a rate of 10.4 (better than their season average of 16.9), while the Buffaloes posted a mark of 22.1 (above their season average of 17.9). With 11 points on 4-for-10 shooting, Tyler Bey was Colorado’s high scorer.
Points at the line could be rare for Colorado in this battle. The Buffaloes rank 161st in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.241, while USC ranks 36th in FTA rate allowed (0.190). Additionally, the Trojans rank 22nd in turnover percentage (15.6 percent), while the Buffaloes rank 325th in opponents’ turnover percentage (15.9 percent).
USC comes into the contest with records of 19-9 straight up (SU) and 16-11-1 against the spread (ATS). Of the Trojans’ 27 games with betting action, 16 have finished under the total.
Meanwhile, Colorado is 15-12 SU and 12-14-1 ATS. Games including the Buffaloes also tend to finish under the projected point total (55.6 percent).
This is the second game of the season between these two teams. George King scored a game-high 21 points in the first game, in which the Buffaloes lost 70-58, resulting in a push. The game finished with a total of 128 points, which was 24 points below the projected point total of 152 points. The Trojans had a much better turnover percentage (15.7 vs. 26.9) and had a better free throw rate (0.236 vs. 0.145).
USC Trojans at Colorado Buffaloes Odds Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – USC, ATS Winner – USC, O/U – Under
USC is 9-4 ATS on the road with 8 unders and 5 overs.
At home, Colorado is 9-4 ATS with 7 unders and 6 overs.
USC ranks 25th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Colorado ranks 208th (7.4).
The Trojans rank 30th in assists per game (16.5) while the Buffaloes rank 196th (12.7).
USC ranks 51st in blocks per game (4.2) while Colorado ranks 152nd in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
The Trojans rank 144th in three pointers attempted per game (22.1) while the Buffaloes rank 204th in three pointers allowed per game (23.0).
Colorado averages 37.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 62nd in the nation. USC ranks 85th in rebounds allowed per game (33.3).
In their last five games, USC is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
Colorado is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over over their last five games.
The Trojans have been outscored by an average of 0.8 points in their last five games. On the season, USC has defeated opponents by an average of 7.1 points.
During their last five games, the Buffaloes have scored an average of 65.4 points per game (6.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.0 points per game (6.4 below their season average).
- Jacksonville Dolphins at Bethune-Cookman Wildcats Betting Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons vs. Austin Peay Governors ATS Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Dartmouth Big Green at Albany Great Danes Betting Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Marshall Thundering Herd vs. Akron Zips Betting Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Eastern Illinois Panthers at Bradley Braves ATS Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Nicholls Colonels vs. Boston University Terriers Odds Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Youngstown State Penguins at Binghamton Bearcats ATS Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Manhattan Jaspers vs. Connecticut Huskies Betting Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Marist Red Foxes vs. Colgate Raiders Free Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018
- Southeast Missouri State Redhawks at Citadel Bulldogs Betting Preview 12/15/18 - December 15, 2018