It’s Thursday at Get More Sports and that means it’s time for The Gronkcast, the exclusive podcast hosted by none other than Chris and Glenn Gronkowski. On this week’s episode, the fellas are joined by a guest with unparalleled knowledge about Rob…his longtime friend and bodyguard, Robert Goon.
Goon, aka Bobby Goons, the official “Administrator” of Rob’s non-football daily requirements and personal bodyguard.
The podcast opens with Chris celebrating his first win in the Bulletproof Picks segment this season thanks to his pick of the Jacksonville Jaguars to cover against the New York Jets. It was nothing but constant sorrow for Glenn as he laments his pick of the Cleveland Browns to upset the Oakland Raiders in Week 4. Ultimately, it was a blown call from the refs that put Glenn in the loser’s column to close out September.
“This game was up and down in the second half,” Glenn says. “It was crazy. In the end, they should have won. They were up with about three minutes left. The Browns strip-fumble the quarterback and the refs don’t see the call, at all. The Browns are running for a touchdown with the ball to put the game away. And for some reason it was never reviewed. Nothing every happened. I still don’t understand it. It was clearly a fumble and it wasn’t even close.”
“That fumble was clearly a fumble,” Chris adds. “Social media has exploded about it. That video has been posted everywhere. It makes no sense how they didn’t call that.”
Both guys open October 1-3 with their Bulletproof picks, but it’s a new day and a new month. Chris rolls the dice with the favorite with one of the marquee match-ups of the week. Glenn too picks out a favorite, but in a West Coast game that might fly under most people’s radar this week.
They discuss one of the big props for the week concerning Le’Veon Bell and the Pittsburgh Steelers.
“The Steelers know what they’ve got,” Glenn said. “I know he’s caused trouble during this holdout, but he is such a good player when gets back on the field, people will forget real quick.”
Goon shares his own anecdotes about the Gronkowski clan, focusing on on the craziest thing a fan has ever done to get Rob’s attention. I won’t spoil it, but it might shock you where it goes from the start. Needless to say, it begins at a house party at Rob’s place.
Fans overseas can be even worse and Goon reveals an untold story about a fan looking for an autograph in Barcelona, Spain.
With the Gronk-Goon discussion, reviewing the action from Week 4 of the NFL season before locking in on their Bulletproof picks for the upcoming week. The Gronks go over their hits and misses and deliver picks against the spread for Week 5 of the NFL season. It’s a can’t-miss episode and sets the stage for the second month and the point where the elite teams really begin to separate themselves. Before the show wraps up, they dive into their Cappers Cup picks.
The Gronkcast Episodes:
Link: The GronkCast: Episode 4: Inside The NFL: NFL Betting Strategies, The Best NFL Prop Bets
- Will the Philadelphia Eagles Make the Playoffs? NFL Odds Say No - December 19, 2018
- Will the Minnesota Vikings Make the Playoffs? NFL Odds Say Yes - December 19, 2018
- The Gronkcast: Inside the NFL Episode 19 - December 16, 2018
- Where Will the Raiders Play Next Season? Here are the Vegas Odds - December 14, 2018
- Friday Afternoon Quarterback: NFL Week 15 Spread Picks and Locks - December 14, 2018
- NFL Betting: Against the Spread Power Rankings – Week 15 - December 13, 2018
- The Gronkcast: Inside the NFL Episode 18 - December 7, 2018
- Friday Afternoon Quarterback: NFL Week 14 Spread Picks and Locks - December 7, 2018
- Where Will Mike McCarthy Coach Next? Odds Suggest Falcons or Bucs - December 6, 2018
- NFL Betting: Against the Spread Power Rankings – Week 14 - December 6, 2018